Friday 17 April 2020

That wonderful blue .


I imply no naivety no element of hysteria or delusion .
What I wrote about was how adversity can leave you bereft or enriched . I do feel that we can be energized or surprised by life and that stoicism mistimed can be stodge .
 There is a deeper wisdom for those with sharp vision and an open mind .
I think this chimed with some readers and not so much with others .
I have quoted Phillip Pullman before who said that you can't pick up a piece of wood with a magnate . Anyway to other matters ...

We , who don't get our deliveries queue at a distance and are exasperated or tickled by others stance on how to shop .
I have made a remark to a queue jumper and I have been exasperated by people dithering at the shelves .
I had to smile at myself though .
An expected ingredient was missing so I made a quick mental calculation about a reasonable substitute and put it in the trolley . I turned and saw someone patiently waiting for their turn at the shelf .

I thanked them and thought  ,  don't use the term ditherer if  you may be deliberating about your choice ,  what is the difference between the perceived ditherer   (see what I did there )   and your good self .
The answer is of course is bugger all .
We are all human and that made me smile too .  Are there people who think they are not ? Well that makes me smile as well .

So we drove away and I said " can you stop please ".
The saxophonist pulled in at the side of an empty country road and we opened the doors to solitary fresh air and silence .

Little by little though , a cacophony arose .
 I looked up and in the hedge and tree above it fluttering , singing and shouting were a flock of newly fledged blue tits .
Their  heads were that wonderful blue and their tiny chests were part yellow already . They were not afraid . They hopped , shouted and sung about  white clouds  , green leaves , their beauty , my beauty .....  oh and your beauty too .

Celebrate what remains .
 Savour all the small pleasures and satisfactions .

Oh and remember the baby blue tits think you're beautiful .

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said what I meant .I don't want to argue with you .Every one has their own way through life .As to reality , yes I have endured it at it's most visceral and even wrote about on this blog .What I did not write about was the long hard slog back to normality in the months when my husband came out of the coma .I did not avoid it and I did not leave anything I could do myself to other people .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't seeking an argument at all. More posts would be great and feed back.

      Delete
  3. I like that - take pleasure in the small things. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete