Wednesday 22 April 2020

Four metres long and two metres wide .


The shed we inherited at the plot turned out , in actuality , to be a tool store . It is not tall enough for me to stand in .
I had visions of sitting contented in the door way on a rainy day with a steaming mug of tea .
To be truthful that was half the idea .Leisured cosiness out of the rain and all that implies .

Word came to us that a fellow plotter had bought his daughter a poly tunnel . She then announced she was moving and did not want it .

Sooo .... two hundred quid's  worth of poly tunnel ours for fifty quid .

Today we cleared the area where we will erect it .

I ache all over and that's after a long soak in the bath and one of my steak and onion pies .
My hands , arms , legs , belly and upper lip all have deep ugly bramble scratches .

Was it worth it I hear you ask ?

I reply  : OH yessy , yes , yes .

I am going to brew tea in there . I'm going to read a paperback in a chair in there . I'm going to think about everything and nothing in there . Heck , I may even plant seeds in there .

What I really want to do in there is a secret ....... however, if you should pass and there is loud unladylike snoring coming from the poly tunnel you will know my wish has come true .

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I thought you were talking about toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those. I'd be curious to know just how sturdy it is. Will it stand up to heavy wind? Wouldn't want to see it tumbling across the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can garden now even on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete