I saw some one offered a free non disposable canvas bag . I was behind him in the queue and when he was asked " what colour ?" he said " it did not matter" .
I was shocked . How can you have no preference ?
It's the same as people who live in beige clothes and look beige themselves .
Few people want to look like Coco the clown but to not delight in colour in some way is inexplicable to me .
I have always been excited by colour :
- Opening a new paint box .
- Huge old fashioned apothecary bottles full of brightly coloured water in chemist shop windows .
- Old Christmas tree baubles from the fifties or earlier .
- Old fashioned Spangles that had waxed wrappers that thrillingly included purple and white stripes , yellow and white stripes , dark emerald and white stripes ....
- Expensive balloons in beautiful colours ( not those horrid foil ones )
- bottles of ink .
- The colours of stained glass the sun throws onto plain church floors .
- Trays of embroidery thread all graded by shade . A draw in the cabinet for each colour .
- Semi precious stones that are lemon yellow , blood red , kingfisher , lime green .
- Coloured foil on Easter eggs .
- Reels of ribbon .
- Unexpected fairy light colours .
- Brush pens in lines of colour that include mint , leaf green , mustard , dark storm blue and cerise .
I hope it is common for people to revel in such every day joy .