Wednesday 3 July 2019

Sex and the shopping trolley .


A bit of lateral thinking .
I needed to smother about half a tennis court's worth of weeds at the plot .

I got a large shopping trolley from the nearest supermarket and pushed it to the local carpet shop . I assumed that they took the " old " carpet away when they fitted a new one .
They did and had to pay someone to take the old ones  .

I and the saxophonist filled the trolley with rolls of carpet and pushed it all the way to the plot .

We rolled the carpets out and anchored them with bricks . This leaves a smaller piece to plant for now .

Pushing the laden trolley down kerbs , up hills and then across the grass , especially in the full sun ,  is not for the feint hearted .

We took turns and I watched  the saxophonist force the trolley across the grass  .
I thought  "I love you in my bed but this is also an act of love and I am a lucky woman ."

8 comments:

  1. Good thinking but not the best form of transport. Shopping trollies have very small, 360 degree axis wheels. You should have borrowed my 4 wheeled flat trolley. Next time, just ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am taking five minutes with a coffee after a second " carpet run ".Dust and muck are welded to the sweat and now I have trolley envy ! What would your terms be for said loan ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on your way to allotment heaven. I remember when I had my allotments and supermarket trolleys were used for drying onions and lumps of concrete held down roofs on sheds. A good pile of fym works as a good mulch and weed suppresant too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mind tends to boggle at the thought of carpets in a supermarket trolley. Don't you have a mate with a pickup truck?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose I just like the idea of the lateral thinking . Also I've had enough of being beholding in any sense since the saxophonist was in hospital . At that time I took a lot of shit from people I did not like or respect just to get him what he needed . Plus I quite like the Heath Robinson , slightly ludicrous approach.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the love that makes everything else work, I suppose. So good you have that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete