Thursday 25 January 2018

A dress for the slightly less tall ............


I'm six foot and super slim.

Actually I'm not. I'm thin ish but only five foot two and three quarters. That's a full foot shorter than the saxophonist .
This is a regular opportunity for him to make what I like to call "height ist " remarks he imagines to be funny .
 In an attempt to avoid these  he has ,  variously , caught me climbing up supermarket shelves to get a tin , taking a  running jump to grab something from a high shelf and almost tumbling into a supermarket chest freezer that was particularly deep .

I do , though ,  have pale blue eyes ( thanks Dad ). We went to London earlier this week and into a dress shop that is that bit too expensive.
I  indulged .
Six dresses in all but they will last . Think Margaret Howell .
When we got home I put on the pale one . It was a perfect match for my eyes . That's not arrogance , it's gratitude ..........also pay back for the deep freeze .

4 comments:

  1. You could have been found at the bottom of that chest freezer, weeks later during a stock check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The saxophonist thought your comment was hilarious .

      Delete
  2. I used to be 5' 1 3/4" and have shrunk down to 5' 1" over the years. My DIL bought me a set of good step stools because I made her nervous climbing up on counters and jumping about to reach things--LOL! Sounds like you got yourself some gorgeous new dresses. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ,you obviously know that feeling - the thrill of femininity !
      Oh I think that's a post right there . See next post ........

      Delete