Thursday 17 December 2020

Agreed ?

 

I have gathered sea holly from the wilder parts of the estuary . Just enough to mix with the traditional holly from the garden . The sea holly is blue grey and has no berries . The garden holly has lots of red berries . The two sit oddly well together . 


The sea holly has sharper points and they come off invisibly . I climbed shoe - less on furniture to put the two hollies over picture frames . I need not , I am sure , go into detail of what ensued . 


The butcher in the village nearby does the very best herb sausage meat to compliment a bird . The ride home goes into the wilds and just after the goose farm four firs sit on a bank . 

A cry went up "back up ! " , "back up !".

The thick branch I choose was , the saxophonist said  , too  thick to come off clean . I looked disappointed and it came off clean .


I went to the recycling centre for a new tea pot and some paperbacks .There , amongst the bric a brac was a gold and opaque glass sphere . Flat bottomed and open necked . 


They never slaughter the geese at the goose farm. They are a constant feature  of the landscape ,  year round  .


I am writing this by the " tree " in the sphere nursing " sea holly feet " . A pile of paperbacks sit enticingly nearby and a large brown tea pot sits on the draining board . 


Life can be water and dry bread . Or it can be a mug of good strong tea and thickly buttered crunchy toast .I believe you can choose and probably a lot more than you suppose .

The geese have no reason to disagree .

8 comments:

  1. Your two hollies together placed over framed artwork is very lovely Victorian Christmas decor. Herb sausage to accompany your turkey sounds like the perfect pairing. Excellent finds at the recycling center. Geese are wonderful creatures, sometimes very protective, still beautiful. I agree our choices are abundant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I am following you but never get alerted to your posts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow by email, right hand corner. And it arrived in my mail this morning! But you have been away a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this Thelma . I had not realised how long I had been away .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete