Tuesday 18 June 2019

Plot and plan .


We painted and my cousin put together a cold frame in our garden on Sunday evening .  And then we went to the pub  obviously .

Yesterday we went to London . Lunch in China Town . Portrait of a lady by Alesso Baldovinetti ( room 59 ) at the national gallery .A bit of girlie shopping . Longchamp in the sales and then flowing trousers and cropped stripped tee shirts to wear round the house .

So today was the day to site the frame . A slow ponderous rain came down in disconcerting isolated plops . We were mid way through and then it bucketed . The saxophonist knows I will see things through and we were wet anyway .

We dug out bricks from here and collected them from there . Dug out the space and I laid a brick floor .The saxophonist tipped the puddles off the frame and impressively lifted it high and in . ( The top is a heavy old Victorian glazed window ) .

It looks very professional and it will enable me to grow from seed and plant out at the allotment .

We admired it and then each other . The saxophonist had mud smears wrist to shoulder . I had thick mud splashes ankle to thigh .We looked like half hearted mud wrestlers or incompetent body artists .

I anticipate that there will be a lot more satisfying foolishness to come .

A hot bath  and now  umbrella's akimbo to the pub to discuss more senseless satisfaction I think  .

6 comments:

  1. I made a cold frame out of bricks and a shower surround. Not aesthetically pleasing to the eye but the cuttings don't mind. Yours sounds very impressive. Any chance of a photo of it please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the frame is more impressive than my photo would be !

    ReplyDelete
  3. satisfying foolishness. always, yes.

    explain the allotment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete